Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

An introduction

Well here it is, my very first blog entry. And no, this is NOT a fantasy/role playing blog. The title is an oh-so-clever play on my young adult novel, Enchantia, which I am currently revising. And it's also not a bad way to look at the world.

This blog, which I will try to update weekly, is a way for me to share my writing with you- whoever you are that is nice enough to read this. I'm not exactly sure yet what direction it will take. I may share some snippets of my novel, other things I've written, new, experimental pieces or just my thoughts.

I want to dedicate this blog to all the people out there like me - dreamers, wannabes - anyone with a passion that has yet to "make it." We just have to keep going. One of my favorite quotes is, "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars." I didn't realize how cheesy that sounded until I mentioned it in front of a few people, several of which proceeded to laugh, but whatever. Cheesy or not, there is something deep about it. We have nothing to lose.

I am wary of overly long posts, and would hate to bore you at my first one, so I will end this now. But stop by next week...there's a lot to come.

4 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Mir said...

I just want to let you know that I've enjoyed reading your first two entries!
Keep posting!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

Thanks so much, mir! I should have a new post up by tomorrow morning, so come back then.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayla, Thank you so much for keeping me entertained.
I am so lucky to work with you, your such an inspiration.
Good luck with your amazing creativity.
- Alison

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

Alison, thanks for your support! It really means a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs