Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Warning: fluff post ahead

As my title subtly hints, this post is total fluff. But that's part of the fun having a blog- you can write about whatever you want. I'll try to be more literary next week and do another Enchantia post.

I feel like talking about my favorite song of the moment on Z100. Yes, I know, my taste in radio is very sophisticated like that. Any other Elvis and the Zoo fans out there by the way? I can't wake up without them. I need goofiness in the morning. But I digress...my favorite song on the radio, until it gets so overplayed that I'm sick of it, is Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield. Check out the lyrics and the song (and you don't have to buy it, you can click the arrow on the left and listen to a clip, or turn on Z100 or your local top 40 station and you'll likely hear it within the hour).

You might well be laughing at how typical it is of me to like this song (if you're new read my old posts, you'll see). It's not just the writing metaphor. I love the carpe diem theme, it's so encouraging. There are definitely some cheesy moments, especially the choir at the end. The choir in the pop song has always been an interesting phenomenon to me. But you'll see, it grows on you. Or at least it grew on me (and by that I mean the song, not the choir).

Just for the record, I do enjoy other types of music than pop. But before this turns into a boring post on my taste in music I'll get going. I mean, I'm sure you've been intellectually stimulated and all, but I would hate to overwhelm you with even more deep thoughts...

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayla,
Love the blog.
I cant wake up in the morning without the Zmorning Zoo either. They really get me going in the morning. They are hysterical. (as we've discussed in the past)

I really like that Natasha Bedingfield song too. Its one of my favorites right now.

Can't wait to read more of your posts.

Sahar

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Thanks for your comments, Sahar! I knew you'd appreciate my Zoo shout out. Glad you're enjoying the blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs