Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Another poem, plus the report you've all been waiting for

I've never shown this to anyone before...

September 8, 2003
Robert Wagner Junior Park, 12:35 PM

Journey of a Year

As I sit on the cool grass
beneath a leafy maple
I watch the harbor’s waters
ripple and wave,
sparkling in the sun.
The boats glide and sail
to places close
and oceans away.

I wonder about
my own course,
this journey of a year.
Will the waters,
rough and strong,
force me back to shore?
Or will I sail
smoothly, seamlessly,
on waves blue as sapphires
to climes green and strange,
boundless and beautiful?

I feel like I'm on another journey with this blog, though I hope I can go at it for than a year!

I'm better now so I don't have any more excuses…now for the report on my revisions...drumroll please…nope, not done yet. Oh, the twists this blog takes! Just got tied up with work and other things, but I'm in the final stages now, and I'll be done soon. I'm not making anymore deadlines, though, because if for some reason I don't make it again that'll look ridiculous. But the deadline wasn't useless- it really got me going. The end is in sight and I can't wait.

But now I'm presented with a problem. What am I going to do now that the saga of the deadline is over? I need another thrilling cliffhanger to keep you all coming back. Oh I got it. Next week, I will give you something dark and mysterious...a newly revised snippet of something that begins with - dare I say it - an E!! (dramatic music here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs