Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Friday, March 17, 2006

Give me an E! Give me an N! Give me a...

Hey, this is Kayla, the like writer-cheerleader, and I'm like so seriously excited about giving you this next like totally awesome Enchantia post!! Okay sorry, I'll stop...it's been a crazy week. This comes a little before the last snippet in the same chapter:

Sue approached me as I gathered my things from my locker at the end of the day, along with Tina, another girl from Fleetwood who I always got along with.
“Hey Jane, you doing anything this weekend?”
“Um—”
“Jane!” Megan said, running up to me.
I just sort of stood there, not knowing what to say.
“Hi Megan,” I muttered after a long pause, smiling awkwardly.
“What’s up?” Megan asked, completely ignoring them.
I stood there again, wishing I was alone in The Woods more than anything.
“Well I don’t have all afternoon, but I get it,” Sue snapped. “Have fun Jane...and by the way, Megan, I do exist.” And she darted off with Tina, who looked confused but kept quiet.
Megan just rolled her eyes at them.
I didn’t feel bad, not when I pictured Sue watching as Janet teased me, staying so cruelly silent, and then having the nerve to eat lunch with Janet and her laughing friends a few short minutes later. And if that wasn’t enough, she had rejected my invitation a few weeks earlier.
“See you tomorrow night,” I said to Megan as we walked out of school.
“I can’t wait,” she smiled, looking like she was dreaming up our adventures, as I must have looked most of the day.

If you're completely lost either email me or post a comment and I'll do my best to clarify. It's becoming harder with each of these Enchantia posts to find snippets that don't need much explaining or give a lot away. Oh well...I can't analyze this problem now. My brain is tired.

I'm not going into my progress with revisions as you know what's going on from the last post. But I'll give you a full report next week. Oh, the suspense!

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so clearly i haven't been to the writing group as of late and therefore haven't read any revisions. then again, how would i know if you have even shown said revisions? regardless, i'm confused. i thought sue basically ignored jane once she was accepted into the 'cool' group. why would sue now attempt to be friendly with jane?

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Thanks for speaking out and expressing your confusion! My answer is friendship can be a complicated thing...there are a lot of emotions involved. Sue has been ignoring Jane to be with a cooler crowd, but she's also been friends with Jane since kindergarten- it's hard to completely sever the ties. Later on Jane even invites Sue over, for the same sort of reason. I hope this clarifies, but if not let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs