Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rain...

I'm sorry for neglecting this blog, yet again. I have my excuses but I'll get to the point, which was inspired by the lovely weather we've had in NY.

People (myself included) complain about the rain, and for good reason. It's not always fun getting wet. But it can be, if we take a lesson from Jane and Megan:

And then it rained, and neither of us had raincoats. Just our very non-waterproof tee shirts and jeans.
Megan smiled mischievously. “Tag, you’re it!”
Suddenly I was chasing her and she was chasing me in a wild game of rain-soaked one-on-one tag. We couldn’t stop shrieking. There was not much of a contest since I knew The Woods so much better than her, but in time, she claimed, she'd know it too. We ran home drenched and giggling.


Rain can also be very poetic, even musical. It's in so many songs, from rock to easy listening and cheesy pop. Here's a little mix. Some of these are really beautiful:











And I'll end with another little Enchantia rain scene:

“We must’ve gotten the clouds excited with our singing!” I said.
“Yes, I think you’re right, Butterfly," and she pointed her head up to let a few drops fall on her face.
I did the same thing. This wasn't just any rain, this was Enchantian rain. The drops came down gently, glimmering as they fell.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So can I just say that I love all of these songs? And the rain? Seriously. There is something so incredibly spiritual about it. Show me storm clouds and I begin to feel at peace. Is that bad?

Back on track - all the songs are beautiful. Also beautiful? Madonna's 'Rain', which is at the top of my 'rainy day favorite songs' list (cuz yes, i have one of those).

Also, I love this snippet. Every now and then, it's so worth forgetting everything around you and just play in the rain. Talk about a stress reliever. Who needs therapy?

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I agree :) And glad you liked the songs. Radioblogclub.com is too much fun (if you haven't checked it out yet go! It's one of my favorite sites). I remember that monologue you wrote that had to do with rain. Was so beautiful. You should post it on your journal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs