Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Enchantia post ahead

I'm giving you a nice size snippet today, and it touches on some major themes. It's during one of Jane's and Megan's (or I should say Butterfly's and Mialee's, respectively) earlier adventures in Enchantia, and Mialee is teaching Butterfly an invisibility spell. If you are lost, by all means ask or try browsing through my blog to some older Enchantia posts. Hope you enjoy.

Fade, Fade, Fade!” I said.
“Not yet. Don’t worry, it’s perfectly normal to have trouble at first. Keep trying!”
I knew my problem. I hadn’t been serious enough. I just felt like I was pointing a stick at myself - a regular, non-magical old stick. For a moment, I thought I heard The Woods laughing at me. But a change came over me, from Mialee’s encouraging words. I was a powerful Enchantian sorceress, and Queen Bea was counting on me. Now was not the time for doubts.
Fade! Fade! Fade!” I said, concentrating with all my strength, every muscle in my body contracted.
By the last Fade! a gentle wind whipped across my face, and I knew the spell worked.
“You did it!” Mialee said excitedly. “You’re invisible!”
As she said this she looked straight at me.
“Oh yeah?” I grinned. “Well then how come you can see me?”
“We can see each other since our powers are the same. Don’t worry, that’s a good thing. Even if we’re invisible we’ll always be able to help each other out.”
“Cool. Well, it’s so nice to be invisible. Wouldn’t it be great if we could do this spell out of Enchantia?”
“Sometimes I try, but it never works,” Megan, in her regular accent, sighed, and I knew she was thinking about home, or something to do with the bad thing that happened.
“What am I saying?” Mialee asked, horrified at herself.
She took a deep breath, closed her eyes for a moment, then continued teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs