Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Monday, June 05, 2006

A poem of one of my fondest memories

For Zayde

K-K-K-Kayla, beautiful Kayla,
You're the only g-g-g-girl that I adore;
When the m-m-m-moon shines,
Over the cowshed, I'll be waiting at the k-k-k-kitchen door.

So you would sing
as we walked along the shore,
hands clasped
as the cool waves
washed over our bare feet,
sticky with sand.
Kicking up the water
and giggling
I looked up at you,
my grandfather, my Zayde,
who loved me so much
you sang songs with my name,
for the joy of my smiles.

Only a child then,
yet forever will I remember
our walks by the sea,
and should I find myself
on the shore again
I'll see us, still walking,
shadows in the distance
dancing with the light,
the ocean echoing
your songs of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs