Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yet another Enchantia post (aren't you surprised?)

I am feeling so relieved right now. I thought I'd lost almost 50 pages of revisions yesterday due to a computer glitch, but thank G-d it's recovered. Word to the wise: back everything up! But you all know that, I'm sure.

Before reading this snippet, if you're new or just want a refresher, check out these olds posts on The Woods and Enchantia. Besides that, you just have to know that this comes right after Jane's first day with Megan in Enchantia. This is actually a pretty significant snippet. As usual, if you have a comment, a question, or are just plain confused, please make yourself heard!

Before going home I decided to take a little walk over to my favorite spot- the tree stump by a stream.
“Hi, Woods,” I muttered.
I looked around me, too antsy to sit on the stump. Everything was beautiful, of course, but I felt a change. The trees were still swaying, the wildflowers blossoming. There was life everywhere, from buzzing bumblebees to a red-tail fox. But without Megan, The Woods felt empty and strangely still. I felt no need to speak to the trees.
“I’m sorry...I--I still love you,” I murmured guiltily, and walked back home.
No you don’t,” I heard The Woods reply as I walked. “You’re abandoning me...for a game.”
I broke into a run.
There was no going back to having The Woods simply being The Woods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs