Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Life...the silly side

First I was thinking of posting another poem, as it's been a while since I have, but then I realized I'm not in such a poetic mood. I just feel like entertaining you, with a subway story that happened earlier this summer.

I was on my way with my best bud/roommate Saturday night to a party. We were running late, it was already after midnight, and we sat ourselves down on train # 2 out of 3 that we ended up taking to get there (because as some of you know, subways are often messed up during the weekend and especially at late hours). First we gazed through the window of the back door of the train- since we were in the last car the view was kinda cool, it reminded us of a haunted house. And then we both realized…we are the only ones in this car. We can do whatever we want!

And so we did.

If I could pick a song to match the scene it would have to be this:



It was like living out some wacky, child-like fantasy of all the things you wished you could do on a subway car but couldn't...We ran around and shouted. We sang. We danced. We swung around the poles. When we got tired took a whole row of seats and stretched out. All the while, completely cracking ourselves up (though we do that a lot). When the train reached the next stop, we sat down normally with nonchalant faces, but once it pulled out with no new people coming on…we went crazy again. And in case you were wondering, no alcohol was involved- it was 100% natural, immature fun.

Life in general is so serious, I think it's important to have these moments where you can let loose and be silly...it's so liberating. And that, my friends, is the moral of the story. So remember, the next time you find yourself alone on a subway car with a fun friend, don't just sit there!!

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Pinku said...

Hi!

Mother of all coincidences!!!!!!

i have a blog which has the same template as yours, a name very similar 'encahnted life' and the last post in it is on guess what LIFE but a verse not prose.
And I chanced upon yours in google.

What you described in the subway is life's pure fun. They are the days we remember decades later and they bring a tear and a smile and make life worth living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs