Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I'm baaack

Starting with this post I'm really, officially, ending my blog-neglect. I know you might not believe me, so come back again next week and see.

It's been a little while since we've been in Enchantia, so let's go, shall we? Well technically, this snippet isn't about actual Enchantia, just The Woods- but it's what makes that world possible:

My parents bought a very rich and eccentric environmentalist's house when he was ready for his retirement to Brazil. The house was just a normal, middle-class house, but there was 100 acres of woods in the back. He considered his purchase heroic, saving all those acres from the wretched chainsaw. My parents could never afford all those acres, so an agreement was made: the land was still his, and my parents were responsible for the upkeep. When he died, my parents inherited it, and a bunch of money (though just for upkeep and taxes, they explained, when I asked for some of it to fund my dream of horses and stables). They were giddy for weeks.

2 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger Pinku said...

hey!

That house sounds like a dream come true. Wish i could live in one like that. awesome.

Congrats!!! not many are so lucky!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Hi Pinku!

I wish this part of the story wasn't fiction, that would be pretty cool. I don't think my backyard growing up was even an acre! But that's what's fun about writing stories. Suddenly anything is possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs