Forever Enchanted

A blog by Kayla - dreamer, writer, wannabe novelist

Monday, February 05, 2007

Yeah, so I'm back

I've actually been around for over a week now, but have been feeling a bit exhausted/lazy. The Caribbean was too beautiful...given the current climate in NY, I'm missing it very much right now. Stayed tuned for a whole post on the subject, once I get my pictures developed (no digital camera-I'm old-fashioned like that). Hopefully I'll figure out how to post a few of them in a nice way.

Until then, another Enchantia post, as it has certainly been a while. I may have said this before, but it's getting harder for me to find snippets that don't give a lot away. Which is why it just needs to get published already!! (if only saying things with lots of exclamation points could make them happen faster!!!). But anyway, let's head back to the first chapter, where we first meet Jane's family:

"How was your first day of school, Jane?" Mom asked, giving me big portions of all the dishes.
"It was fine," I lied.
I stole a quick glance out the window facing The Woods, silently thanking it for making everything seem okay.
Mom noticed and frowned.
"That's good," Dad said softly, with a warm smile which lit up his dark features.
"I had a great time at school today, and I usually hate first days!" Josh said happily, with a mouth full of stuffing.
Mom smiled at him proudly.
She had no trouble believing Josh. Even though he was only eight he was already everything I wasn't- an overachiever and loved by all.
He was also very cute, with wispy blond hair, sky blue eyes and a freckle-free, rosy complexion. He could've been on TV playing one of those all-American boys. He was always one of the most popular kids in his class, but I wasn't jealous of him. Usually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Literature blogs